Unit 1: Meet the, family.
Lesson-1: Listen and Speak


Read the story and answer the questions.

Where are Mr and Mrs Burki going next weekend?
It's supper time at the Burki's house in Karachi.
Mr. Burki is an engineer Mrs. Buki is an artist.

Saira: Are you going to take us to the seaside next weekend?

Mr. B: No. I can't, I am going to Nepal, I'm going to build a bridge in the Himalayas there.



Saira: Are you going alone?

Mr. B: No. I'm going with a colleague from work.

Mrs. B: The three of you are going to stay with Grandma and Grandpa for two nights.

Imran: Why? What are you going to do?

Mrs. B: I'm going, to paint a, family picture for,a friend, who's, got three children, It will take up the whole weekend.

Nadia: Can't you come home in the evenings?

Mr. B: No! They live right on the other side of the city so I'm going to stay with them.